Thursday, 15 January 2009

First post

Evening all.

Welcome to my new blog site.  This is to keep you updated on my progress as I journey through 2009 (and maybe part of 2010) to lose 3 stone.  It's going to be difficult and I'm going to need all the help I can get.  Which is where you come in...

In order to keep me motivated, and also to raise funds for a charity which is close to my heart, I have created a Just Giving site to donate funds to Victim Support in Nottinghamshire.  Victim Support helps people cope with all kinds of crime, whether those crimes have been reported or not.  They are always looking for donations and all are greatly received.

So, I thought to myself...why not kill birds with one stone and do both; get a motivation to lose the weight, and also raise funds for Victim Support in Nottinghamshire.  Any and all funds received will only be distributed amongst the charity based in Nottinghamshire, so please be aware of this before you donate.

Please help, and in return, I'll keep you posted as much as possible on the ups and downs of what's going on with the weight loss.  This is mainly for those of you who don't see me very often in the flesh, but if you're one of the people I have regular contact with anyway, you're more than welcome to keep an eye on this new blog.

Also, my Just Giving site is located here: http://www.justgiving.com/adamweightloss

So...I've joined Weightwatchers, as of Monday (12/01/2009) and I've been tracking the food I've been eating.  This week has been a shock to the system, but I haven't felt too hungry yet, which is always a good sign.  Next week, I'm performing on stage at the Bonington Theatre, Arnold and usually, I go a bit mad with meals and stuff, so it'll be a struggle.

Anyway, I'll sing off for now and let you know fairly regularly if there's any news.  I will probably update this blog on Mondays, after my weigh ins at Weightwatchers meetings.

Wish me luck and please donate if you wish.

Until next time.

Ad

No comments:

Post a Comment